Field Coordinator Musawat Iraq
PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
Engaging the new generation in promoting equal rights of all citizens including the freedom of religion is the aim of the programme Musawat that is implemented by PAX and partner organisations in Iraq, Lebanon and the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Action based research and monitoring online discrimination contribute to an advocacy agenda as well as to holding authorities accountable. Musawat is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is implemented in Iraq in cooperation with co-applicant Peace and Freedom Organisation (PFO) and three other partner organisations. The project ends on the 30th of September 2022.
To implement this project in Iraq, PAX is looking for a
Field Coordinator for the project Musawat Iraq
(1,0 FTE, 1 year)
The field coordinator plays an important role in supporting the Project Lead in maintaining relationships with partners and relevant stakeholders, as well as in coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating community-level project activities organized by youth groups in each governorate. The task will be carried out in coordination with colleagues at PAX – in Iraq and the Netherlands – and with the Iraqi co-applicant as well as the partners. The position’s primary location is Baghdad or Erbil.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Establish and maintain relations with partners, youth groups, (local) authorities, and relevant stakeholders:
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with partners regarding activity plan, organizational management, and division of tasks and responsibilities
- Identify possible synergies / cooperation activities between youth groups and relevant stakeholders
- Support partners in improving activity reports
- Act as PAX representative for youth groups members, beneficiaries and participants during field visits and activities
- Conduct weekly field visits, in coordination with project colleagues from PAX, PFO, and partners making use of data collection formats:
- Overview youth activities and contribute to decision-making while reviewing and assessing activity proposals
- Support PAX and partners with acquiring work permits and access
- Compile activity reports for the PAX office in the Netherlands:
- Provide quantitative and qualitative monitoring data
- Assess impact (behavioral change) of project activities
- Submit written updates to PAX colleagues about progress and impact
- Contribute to planning:
- Support colleagues in compiling monthly work plans
- Provide support to maintain coherence in the project
- Monitor budget of Youth activities and other related project costs
- Well-connected to youth activists, communities, community representatives and local authorities in project areas
- Good knowledge and understanding of project areas in Iraq, in terms of: Demographic composition and IDP situation, Conflict dynamics and conflict drivers, Online and offline discrimination trends with regards to ethnic belonging, religious affiliation, and gender
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation: Expertise in M&E formats, Knowledge of quantitative vs. qualitative data, Interview skills
- Willingness to learn and improve skills through formal training and informal coaching by colleagues
- Background and/or experience with NGO work and values
- Political neutrality and able to work with all different Iraqi communities
- Ability to travel without problems to project areas
- Able to work responsively with deadlines and communication
- Proficient in Arabic and English, Kurdish is desirable
- Affinity with the work and mission of PAX.
What we offer
- A dynamic position in a high-paced, conducive working environment in a committed organization;
- Place of employment: Baghdad or Erbil, with regular domestic field travel and potential international travel;
- Temporary appointment for 36 hours per week, excluding breaks (1,0 FTE) for initially 1 year, starting in February 2020, with a potential for contract extension the after 1 year for the duration of the project;
- Depending on experience, $ 1.600 – $ 1.750 per month (for a fulltime position, 36 hours per week)
Information and application
The vacancy is closed.
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV (max 2 pages) and a motivation letter (max 1 page) in English addressed to Mr. Evert-Jan Grit (Team Coordinator Middle East), only by using the application form on the bottom of this page.
Closing date for applications to this position is Monday 10 February 2020
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.