PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
PAX’s mission brings us to countries with a substantial physical and digital security risk, both for our travelling staff and for the local field-colleagues in some of our programmes. The responsibility for their safety and the duty of care we have as an employer have been laid down in the PAX Safety and Security Policy and have been embedded at various levels within the organisation, with the PAX Security Advisor in a coordinating role.
The Security Advisor is responsible for the PAX Safety and Security Policy and its implementation.. The Security Advisor will be part of the policy team Human Resources, Organisation and Secretariat.
We are looking for a
Security Advisor 18 hours per week (0,5 fte)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Regular updates and further strengthening of the digital and travel security policy and procedures, ensuring PAX is in line with best practice.
- Enhancing security-awareness within the organisation, ensuring adequate staff-training and coordinating PAX’s emergency-preparedness.
- Monitoring of the security-situation in the PAX program-countries.
- Review and appraisal of travel-plans and – when necessary – setting up pre-departure briefings.
- Conducting security-audits in PAX’s field-offices and advising local staff.
- Give guidance on security management capacity building of local partners.
- In case of security-incidents coordinate PAX’s crisis-response, including advising on security as a member of the Crisis Management Team.
- Evaluation of security-incidents, in consultation with the staff involved.
- Ensure safety and security is strategically embedded by contributing to (risk paragraphs of) donor proposals, periodically reporting to the Board of Directors and contributing to the annual Risk Analysis.
- Academic level
- A safety- & security professional with multi-annual working-experience in organisations similar to PAX. Experience as security-trainer is an asset;
- Fluency in English. Good command of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an asset;
- Knowledge of digital security, especially for organisations working in similar circumstances as PAX.
- Diplomacy, empathy, judgement, decisiveness and stress-resistance in emergency-situations;
- Flexibility to be available in emergency-situations;
- Eligible to work in the EU.
- A dynamic position in a high-paced, informal, international working environment in a committed team
- Place of employment: Utrecht, The Netherlands with some international travel
- Appointment for 18 hours per week (0,5 FTE), starting as soon as possible, initially for 12 months, with possible extension
- Scale 10 according to PKN terms and conditions of employment, depending on experience, min. € 2.503,87 and max. € 4.235,15 gross per month (for a fulltime position, 36 hours per week)
- Full reimbursement of home-to-work travel costs
- 8% holiday-allowance
- 8,3% end of year bonus
Information and application
Visit our website for further information on our organization https://www.paxvoorvrede.nl/.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their application (letter and CV) addressed to Marie-Hélène van Vliet only by using the application form on the bottom of this page.
Closing date for this position is the Monday 17th of February 2020.
Please note, no applications sent directly to the email above will be entertained.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Reageer op deze vacature
Wil je reageren op deze vacature? Klik dan op de onderstaande button en vul het formulier in. Houd je CV en motivatiebrief gereed.