Team Assistant Natural Resources & Latin America
PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
The work of the Natural Resources & Latin America (NRLA) programme ranges from RBC agreements, advocacy on international standards on business and human rights, case development of links between extractives and conflict, prevention and mitigation of violence and conflicts in mining regions and improving safety and promoting the (human) rights of local populations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our small but dynamic team, providing a range of administrative, financial and logistical services in close cooperation with the team leadership and other staff:
Team Assistant Natural Resources & Latin America
Responsibilities and tasks
The team assistant supports the programme team in a number of aspects like administrative, financial and logistical support. You will report to and be supervised by the team coordinator, but responsible for executing tasks as identified in a detailed work plan or delegated by other members of the team, including (but not limited to)
- Provide administrative support for financial transactions, contracts, payments, reimbursements, etc., point of contact with PAX finance team
- Maintain contact databases and mailing lists, produce and disseminate newsletters and other products, serve as point of contact with PAX communications team
- Serve as general point of contact for NRLA team for organizational matters within PAX
- Manage project monitoring and reporting processes, including both narrative and financial monitoring and reporting of PAX partners to PAX and of PAX to external donors, at the request of team leadership
- Develop and manage agendas of team members, especially the one of the Programme Leader.
- Prepare in-house and external meetings, with responsibility for note-taking and reporting among other tasks
- Plan missions, including visits by PAX staff to programme countries and by partners and other stakeholders from programme countries to The Netherlands
- Plan events in programme countries and The Netherlands, including related participant support, travel, accommodation, venues, and logistics
- Support data management, collaboration and knowledge-sharing within the team
- Manage relations with vendors such as consultants, printers, venues, etc., including contracting and monitoring, at the request team leadership
- Represent the NRLA team at the request of team members, attendance at relevant meetings in The Netherlands, note-taking and reporting
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by PAX leadership within the NRLA team
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, organizational talent, who likes to work in a versatile environment. Outstanding communication skills, independence, and commitment to achieving quality outputs despite tough deadlines will be essential.
Required skills and experience
- Higher professional education or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 2 years administrative support experience, ideally within the non-profit or international development sectors
- Proven exceptional planning, work management, and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to work independently and responsibly under pressure, and as a member of broad and diverse teams
- Convincing professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Professional-level fluency in English and Spanish
- Competency using Microsoft Office applications, other standard office software and administrative tools
- Endorsement of the mission and central values of PAX, and affinity with the identity of PAX
- Eligible to work in the EU.
- A challenging job in a dynamic, informal work environment engaged with international themes and partners
- Place of employment: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Appointment for 21,6 hours per week (0,6 FTE), ideally spread out over 4 days per week, initially until 31 December 2019.
- Starting as soon as possible
- Salary scale 7 according to the PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience), minimum of € 2.095,42 to a maximum of € 2.775,28 (gross on fulltime basis)
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3%
- Full reimbursement of public transport travel expenses
Procedure and information
The vacancy is closed
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter in Dutch or English addressed to Maina van der Zwan only by using the application form on the bottom of this page.
Closing date is Wednesday 17 April 2019. The interviews are to take place on Thursday 25 April and Monday 29 April 2019.
PAX stands for equal opportunities and participation for everyone with qualities, passion and courage. We encourage people of all backgrounds and abilities to apply for this position.